Friday, October 15, 2010

home sweet home: hiking the lake oeschinen

One of the great things about living in Bern is the close proximity to the Swiss Alps. Especially during fall, when the thick fog stays in the valleys of Central Switzerland for days, it is great to escape the dull weather and simply drive up to the mountains. Normally over 1200 meter altitude you will have the most beautiful weather and sunshine.

Last weekend we did just this: together with two of our friends we went for a hike around the Oeschinen Lake, just above the town of Kandersteg. We have been there before but it is just so beautiful, we had to go back.

It takes you 3 1/2 hours to tour around the lake and a sidetrip to the valley behind - it took us almost 5 hours with 2-3 piknic and photosession breaks!! Unfortunatley the views were not as good as they could be, some fog simply did not want to vanish.

So beautiful, the mountains never fail to amaze.

















By the way, my boyfriend is also doing paragliding, so we have to stop and watch whereever we see fellow paragliding colleagues. I am still in the process of learning how to best photopgraph action sport, I hope I soon will be ready to have a small paragliding photosession with my boyfriend flying.


Copyright on me.

14 comments:

  1. Does he really? I am so scared of stuff like that but I find them so cool:) They views are breathtaking,sweetie
    I need to visit Swiss Alps one day:)
    Hugs

    Ps: I hope you had a chance to enter my Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. he's so brave!!

    love the pictures kristina - so beautiful. the alps always leave me stunned.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this hike looks gorgeous! i want to try it! and i can't believe your boyfriend paraglides - my heart about stops when i see them run and jump!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats so beautiful! I love the little housings as well...would be a beautiful place to live and spend all your time enjoying the surroundings....definetly hope to go there some day.

    -Morgan

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are gorgeous photos - some of my favourites of your so far. The light is wonderful and the reflection shot is so well executed. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing pictures! It looks like a great place

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. As a newcomer reader, all I can say is that your blog is full of beautiful pictures. I'll come for more!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't think that I've ever been to the "Oeschinensee" before.. though I'm not sure.
    Hehe my boyfriend (and my dad) paraglides as well so I totally understand what you mean.. Whenever we go hiking he's constantly looking up (or down.. or in the direction of the other paragliders ;)). I guess we just have to let them :).

    Karin - givemebananas.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kristina,
    What fabulous photos! I look forward to following your blog! Thanks for posting on mine. :)

    Best,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have a very beautiful place and a place to have fun too.

    Deirdre G

    ReplyDelete
  11. this absolutely gorgeous. i have to come to switzerland sometime. do people rock climb around Oeschinen Lake?

    ReplyDelete
  12. The place is perfect for a getaway for relaxation. Love to be there!

    new houses for sale

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh mein Gott. Diese Tour kommt ganz oben auf meine "Will ich noch gehen"-Liste. Was für atemberaubende Blicke.

    Herzlich, Katja

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by!
If you have any question, please drop me a note at kristinablogs@gmail.com.

Have a look at

Related Posts with Thumbnails