Monday, October 18, 2010

la serenissima - the canal grande

The Canal Grande is the first thing most tourists see when coming to Venice. I took the bus from Mestre to Piazzale Roma, where you can board many of the Vaparettos to get to your respective hotel in Venice, the Piazza San Marco or the Rialto Bridge.

It is love on first when boarding the Vaparetto - the city opens its arms and embraces the visitor with its magic, beauty and charme. My camera clicked non-stop while driving along the most beautiful Palazzi, bridges and the markets.











When you take the Vaparatto line 1, you´ll get a wonderful first overview of the city and its major sights. But do not forget getting lost in the small streets of old Venezia - the Canal Grande will never be far away anyways...


Copyright all on me.

6 comments:

  1. You've made Venice look so moody with the imposing clouds in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to visit there!! I LOVE that boat picture...(where they are movement blurry)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Venice is a dream world!! thanks for sharing these beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vaparatto line 1 is the best! I totally agree, it gives you an amazing tour of the city. Aww those photos are stunning,darling
    Happy Monday:)
    How was your weekend?

    ReplyDelete
  5. These pictures are amazing. Venice is one of the reasons why Italy is on my explore list. I love your list as well- there's just so many great places out there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm just still so in love with the boat picture, do you mind if I share it on my blog? =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by!
If you have any question, please drop me a note at kristinablogs@gmail.com.

Have a look at

Related Posts with Thumbnails