Monday, August 22, 2011

// weekend stories // 33 //

How was your weekend?
Mine was like this:







I escaped the blistering heat of Bern (35 degrees yesterday) and headed towards the Bernese Alps with two of my friends. Had a nice and sunny hike close to Wengen (Lauterbrunnen valley) at the base of three very famous mountains, the Eiger, Jungfrau and Moench. For me this is clearly the most breathtaking vista in the whole Alps. In the morning the view was quite hazy, but got better in the afternoon. Perfect!!
We spent a lovely day with a picnik and a highly deserved white wine sprizz once back in the valley.
On the downside I was stung by a wasp and got a bit sunburned - but nothing dramatic. So good it is finally summer in Switzerland - better late than never!!

Hope you had a nice, sunny and hot weekend!! *K

16 comments:

  1. It looks like a perfect weekend :)
    Wonderful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a BEAUTIFUL PLACE! what a splendid weekend

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tip. This is really a useful Post. I know now where I want to go in the Alps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How funny - I spent Sunday in the Bernese Alps as well! Hoping to feel a bit cooler than in Lausanne with its stunning 35C!!)
    I hiked along the Aletschgletscher, it was really beautiful, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so absolutely beautiful! I want to be there! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just gorgeous! I adore the second photo, the depth of field is fantastic. Now that I know you love cows, I wonder if you saw my "talking cows" post?? So cute. The mountains are much smaller in Australia!

    ReplyDelete
  7. well, your weekend trumped mine.
    such beautiful photos.

    ♥elisabeth

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha.. "So good it is finally summer in Switzerland - better late than never!!" TRUE! Today it was SO hot, but I'm not complaining one bit. I just hope it sticks around for a little bit longer. If I go to England, I need to soak up as much sun as possible before I go!

    As for your weekend.. wow!! Beeeautiful! I need to see the mountains of Switzerland up close. By the way, I love how you arranged this post and how you start off your weekend posts "mine was like this". :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous! i love cows too, definitely :) my friend goes to wengen with the international school every year, so fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You always find the most amazing places!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really need to get down to Switzerland and explore a bit more, these photos are gorgeous, the alps are so ridiculously picturesque. Summer has definitely returned!

    ReplyDelete
  12. amazing pictures and such a very great place to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks so wonderful from your beautiful series of images, Kristina! Last time, I responded to your question in a quite negative way about my own weekend, but this time I can say "great", as I come to the end of my time in San Francisco! All the best...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by!
If you have any question, please drop me a note at kristinablogs@gmail.com.

Have a look at

Related Posts with Thumbnails